Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Ready to fly for another year


I finally completed a new club check yesterday, so I'm legal to fly club planes for another 12 months. I took everything out of my flight bag and put it all in the expandable bag on the back of the motorcycle. It fit great, even the headset, so I may have to do that more often when going out to fly.
I love flying and I love riding my motorcycle, so any time that I can combine the two it's a good day!

I ordered a new jacket to suppliment/replace my original Tourmaster Transition. I know it is brand new, but I've already decided that it was just too hot for the summer. I'm keeping it for now because it's an awesome jacket, but by tomorrow I should have a new Cortech GX Air mesh jacket with leather panels. I ordered it this weekend and UPS says it's on schedule for a July 12 delivery. Yes, it's yellow and black to match the bike. Tourmaster and Courtech are the same company, but the Cortech branded products are tailored with a more sporty style than the Tourmaster products. Assuming that the weather stays ok, I should have bike, bag, and jacket at the flying club meeting this weekend. After the meeting, me and another club member are going to have lunch and discuss any final plans for Airventure 2006!

No comments: