Monday, October 18, 2010

First Motorcycle Passenger.

My oldest son rode with on my motorcycle for the first time yesterday.  In fact, he is my first passenger ever. 

We just went a few miles to meet some folks at a restaurant.  He's close to 60 pounds so it wasn't a big difference, but I did notice that I used about 1000 more rpm before shifting than I normally do by myself.  I got just enough for the v-tec to kick in at 7K and I think he liked the way it "growled" more when it went into 4-valve per cylinder mode.

His comments were, "Your bike is noisier than Mommy's", "Your luggage rattles over bumps", and after crossing a bumpy railroad track, "your seat is harder going over bumps."  No complaints though.  I think he could see just a bit better than on the ST because the pillion is higher relative to the rider on the VFR than the ST

No comments: