Wednesday, January 06, 2010

A blurb from the past - Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The following was a myspace blog post talking about a healing foot and toes, as well as a healed motorcycle after a slow speed crash on April 5, 2008 that crushed the toes on my left foot…

Well, I walk pretty much like a normal person now.  Sometimes I get sore and limp a little, usually at the beginning and end of the day.  I had a physical therapy session today that went well.  I go back Friday morning when they will do a re-val on my foot and decide if I need more therapy or not.  Although I can walk pretty much normal, my toes are far from normal.  I can barely wiggle the 4 little toes at all, but I can bend them manually with no pain at all.  All regular feeling has returned to my foot and toes with no "dead feeling" spots.  So, I seem to be able to function normally day to day and I'll see what they say.
I've been riding the motorcycle enough to get 600 miles on it (it had like 236 when I fell).  I took it to the dealer Monday evening and picked it up today after it's initial 600 mile service AND installation of some newer, stickier rubber.  I put a Pilot Power on the front and a Bridgestone BT021 on the rear.  The Pilot Power is a high-performance tire, basically one step down from a dedicated track tire.  The Bridgestone is a dual-compound sport touring tire that others are using on their Honda VFR800's with excellent results in traction and durability.  We'll see how they work for me.  I'll have to look at my schedule this weekend and maybe set up a 100-150 mile ride to break in the tires.

No comments: